2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-2019) Weekly Update #75 – May 6, 2021
BERNARDS TOWNSHIP HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINE CLINIC ALERT:
We are very excited to announce that we have been allotted vaccine from the State of New Jersey. Please encourage others to sign up for RAVE Alerts to stay up to date about upcoming vaccine clinics. The next vaccine clinic is:
Location: St. Bernards Episcopal Church, 88 Claremont Rd, Bernardsville, NJ 07924
Date: Friday, May 7th 2021
Time: 4 pm – 7pm
Please call the Bernards Township Health Department Vaccine Line to secure an appointment slot by 2 pm on May 7th. BTHD Vaccine Line: (908) 204-2522. Please leave your name and phone number and we will call you back to book your appointment. Walk-ins are welcome and will be on a first come, first serve basis and are not guaranteed vaccine.
As a reminder you can visit www.bernardshealth.org and click on "COVID-19 Information" to visit the new webpage for COVID-19 from the Bernards Township Health Department. There you can click the link to today's update and view all archived Updates. There's also links included for testing sites, the NJ Department of Health, Centers for Disease Control, Somerset County Health Department, and the Morris County Office of Health Management. These links will be updated as needed. The direct link to the webpage is http://www.bernardshealth.org/covid. To make any changes to receiving Bernards Township updates, log in at smart911.com.
If you should have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out by email at or contact the Bernards Township Health Department at (908) 204-3070. Thank you and stay well.
Updates from the Governor’s Office
Starting May 7th:
- Outdoor gathering limit will increase to 500 persons.
- Large venue outdoor capacity increase to 50% (1,000 fixed seats) and 30% (2,500 fixed seats).
- Indoor capacity for catered events will be increased to 50% for a maximum of 250 individuals. Also applies to weddings, funerals, memorial services, and performances.
- Dance floors are allowed at private catered events.
- Permit carnivals and fairs to operate at the amusement business capacity.
- Bar seating will be allowed.
- The restriction on self-service food like buffets and restaurants will be lifted.
Starting May 19th (barring any uptick in cases):
- The ban on interstate youth sports competitions will be lifted.
- No limit on outdoor gatherings, but attendees would still be required to remain 6 feet apart from other groups.
- Increase in indoor gathering limits to 50 persons.
- Complete removal of all percentage capacity limits for indoor and outdoor businesses, and houses of worship subject to social distancing.
- Increase in indoor large venue capacity to 30%
For full guidance visit covid19.nj.gov
TO CONTINUE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE