Somerset County Announces 10 COVID Vaccination Clinics for the Week of May 10 Using All Three Approved Vaccines
Somerset County is holding ten open vaccination clinics for the week of May 10 as part of its effort to make it easy for every resident to be protected against the COVID-19 virus.
SOMERVILLE, NJ – Somerset County is holding ten open vaccination clinics for the week of May 10 as part of its effort to make it easy for every resident to be protected against the COVID-19 virus. In addition to hosting clinics throughout the county, for the first time Somerset will be providing all three CDC approved vaccines after receiving its first allotment of Pfizer.
Local residents lined up at the Somerset County COVID-19 vaccination clinic in Bound Brook on April 27, 2021.
“The pop-up walk-in clinics we’ve been holding over the past few weeks have been very successful, and so we are increasing the number of these clinics while reducing the number of drive-thru dates,” said Somerset County Commissioner Douglas Singleterry, liaison to the Department of Health. “This allows us to put clinics where people live, work, and play to make it incredibly convenient for everyone who wants to be vaccinated to get vaccinated.”
The pop-up walk-up clinics will be held six days next week at different times of the day, as well as in a number of new areas including downtown Somerville midday on Saturday, the Bernardsville Train Station during rush hour Thursday, and at firehouses and senior centers. At the same time as the county expands pop-up clinics, it will continue to host drive-thru clinics at RVCC and Rutgers Plaza on Friday May 14 and to support the homebound at their residences.
Somerset County will continue scheduling these pop-up clinics over the next few months to ensure that they are held near every community and available to any resident who want to be vaccinated. Municipalities, housing associations, houses or worship, community organizations and other groups can call the Somerset County COVID Hotline at (908) 231-7155 to express their interest in hosting a clinic.
Somerset County is holding nine pop-up clinics for the week of May 10 where residents can simply arrive during the operational hours and be vaccinated on a first come first served basis until the vaccine supply is exhausted. Updated lists of available clinics can be found at: https://www.co.somerset.nj.us/vaxclinics.
• Bound Brook Train Station, Main Street in Bound Brook Monday, May 10 from 3 p.m. - 7 p.m., J&J
• Canal Walk, 100 Canal Walk Boulevard in Somerset (Franklin) Tuesday, May 11 from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m., J&J
• East Franklin Firehouse, 121 Pinegrove Ave in Somerset (Franklin) Tuesday, May 11 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• Somerset County Senior Wellness Center, 876 E Main St in Bridgewater Wednesday and Friday from 2 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Pfizer First Doses/Moderna Second Doses
• North Plainfield Firehouse, 8 Lincoln Place in North Plainfield Wednesday, May 12 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• Bernardsville Train Station, Mine Brook Road in Bernardsville Thursday, May 13 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• Division Street, Pedestrian Walkway in Somerville Saturday, May 15 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Somerset County will hold two drive-thru clinics on Friday, May 14. To speed the vaccination process at drive-thru clinics, appointments are recommended but not required through https://covidvaccine.nj.gov/:
• Raritan Valley Community College in Branchburg Friday, May 14 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Moderna
• Rutgers Plaza, 940 Easton Avenue in Somerset (Franklin) Friday, May 14 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., J&J
Residents who are homebound and require vaccination at their residence can obtain appointments through the Somerset County COVID Hotline at (908) 231-7155 or http://www.co.somerset.nj.us/covidQs.
Future clinic appointment availability will be determined on a weekly basis based on the level of allocations provided to Somerset County by the state of New Jersey.
To stay up to date with Somerset County events and information, sign up for free email alerts at www.co.somerset.nj.us/subscribe or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.