2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-2019)
Weekly Update #8 – March 20, 2020
Recent COVID-19 Updates:
• The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends not holding or attending gatherings of
more than 50 people for the next eight weeks.
• All bars, restaurants, gyms, movie theaters, and casinos in NJ were ordered to close at 8pm Monday,
March 16, 2020 and will remain closed until further notice. Restaurants and bars will be permitted to offer
takeout and delivery. Supermarkets and pharmacies will remain open.
• All barbershops, hair salons, spas, nail and eyelash salons and tattoo parlors in NJ were ordered to close at
8 pm Thursday March 19, 2020 and remain closed until further notice.
• All NJ schools, both public and private were closed Wednesday, March 18, 2020.
• Governor Murphy strongly discourages residents from making non-essential travel between 8pm-5am.
• NJDOH dashboard available here. Somerset County dashboard available here.
• The NJ Department of Human Services operates a toll free “warm line” which is a resource for people
seeking mental health service. The warm line is available 24 hours and has operators in multiple languages.
The number is (877) 294-HELP (4357).
• NJ Department of Health (NJDOH) has created a graphic for the public to access their risk level that can be
found at here.
• If you feel as though you have signs and symptoms of COVID-19, please call before going to your health
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE READING