The Bernards Township Health Department has scheduled five dates for 2015 Seasonal Flu Shots in October. All clinics are open to those 4 years old through adults and no appointment is needed.
Four clinics will be held from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. on:
· Wednesday, October 7th at St. James Church, 184 S. Finley Ave. in Basking Ridge;
· Thursday, October 8th, at the Mendham Area Senior Housing (MASH) located at One Heritage Drive in Mendham;
· Friday, Oct. 16th at the Peapack-Gladstone Municipal Building, 1 School St. in Peapack; and
· Saturday, Oct. 17th at the Bernards Township Community Center, 289 S. Maple Ave. in Basking Ridge.
· The fifth clinic will be held from 3:30 pm to 5:30 on Tuesday, October 27th at the Bernards Township Community Center, 289 S. Maple Ave. in Basking Ridge.
The cost of the flu shot is $20 for residents and $30 for non-residents and they are also available for no charge for those with a valid Medicare Part B card. Participants should consult with their doctor before receiving the flu vaccine. Clinical services are provided by the Visiting Nurse Association of Somerset Hills.
Parents should note that New Jersey law requires that children up to 59 months of age attending any licensed child-care center or pre-school facility, must receive at least one dose of influenza vaccine between September 1st and December 31st of each year. To assist parents in obtaining this vaccination for their pre-school child, the Bernards Township Health Department has scheduled our Seasonal Flu Shot clinics to include children who are age 4 and older in addition to administering flu shots to adults.
See the flyer HERE.
For additional information, call the Bernards Township Health Department at (908) 204-2520.
The Bernards Township Health Department is the contractual health agency for Bernards Township, Bernardsville Borough, Chester Borough, Long Hill Township, Mendham Borough, Mendham Township, and Peapack and Gladstone Borough.