2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-2019)
Weekly Update #30 – June 16, 2020
Mental Health Spotlight:
Mental Health America (MHA) is the nation’s leading community-based non-profit dedicated to addressing the needs of those living with mental illness and promoting the overall mental health of all Americans.
Much of their work is guided by the Before State 4 (B4Stage4) philosophy – that mental health must be treated like other health conditions. They should be treated long before they reach the most critical points of the disease process.
More About B4Stage4
Take a Mental Health Screening Test
Mental Health Resources and COVID-19
5 Tips to Stay Safe During Reopening
1. Be Safe – It’s so exciting that things are opening up, but still be cautious when going out. Is it a need or want? Can you stay safe while visiting or attending? Continue to exercise caution around people outside of your usual circle.
2. Be Smart – Keep up to date with trusted resources. If you’re not sure if it’s credible, fact check. Check out covid19.nj.gov
3. Wear a Face Covering in Public – COVID-19 can spread through asymptomatic carriers. Your mask protects others around you, and their mask protects you. If you have to go somewhere in public indoors, wear a face covering.
4. Wash Your Hands – Although guidelines have changed, the virus has not. Washing your hands with warm water and soap is still the most effective way to keep yourself safe and healthy.
5. Keep Track – Take note of where you go and who you see throughout your week. If you become sick, it can help contact tracers get in touch with those you had close contact with. Additionally, if you called because you are a close contact, you
can better help contact tracers slow the spread of COVID-19.
TO CONTINUE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE