Notice of Somerset County Ballot Drop Box Locations
Somerset County Election Board Administrator Jerry L. Midgette has announced that pursuant to the Governor’s Executive Order #144, five drop box locations have been established in Somerset County at the locations listed below.
Effective immediately, voters and authorized bearers will be able to drop off their mail-in ballots at any of the five (5) locations, during any time, for 24 hours up until 8 p.m. on Election Night, July 7, 2020. The drop boxes will always be under video surveillance.
1. BERNARDS TOWNSHIP MUNICIPAL BUILDING, 1 Collyer Lane, Basking Ridge, NJ
2. BRIDGEWATER TOWNSHIP MUNICIPAL BUILDING, 100 Commons Way, Bridgewater, NJ
3. SOMERSET COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING, 20 Grove Street, Somerville, NJ
4. HILLSBOROUGH MUNICIPAL BUILDING, 379 South Branch Road, Hillsborough, NJ
5. FRANKLIN MUNICIPAL BUILDING, 475 DeMott Lane, Somerset, NJ
Please be reminded that for bearers (persons delivering a ballot for another voter):
• One must complete the Bearer Portion of the outer envelope in the presence of the voter.
This applies when the bearer is mailing the ballot, delivering it in-person or dropping it in one of Somerset County drop boxes.
• One may serve as bearer for up to three (3) voters in a single election.
This includes any combination of ballots delivered in-person or put into the mail or drop box.
Delivering your own ballot does not count toward the limit of three (3).
• Candidates for elected office may not act as bearers.
“To minimize confusion to those voters who choose to utilize the Mail-In Ballot to vote in this July 7, 2020 Primary, I strongly urge voters and persons delivering a ballot for another voter to follow the guidance as set forth in this announcement for returning a Mail-In Ballot to the Board of Elections”, said Midgette.
“Somerset County voters should be reminded that ballots must be received by the Board of Elections by 8 p.m. when the polls close on Election Day,” said Midgette. “Ballots that are post-marked by the election date will be counted if they are received no later than 8 p.m. on July 14, 2020. For detailed information visit the Election Board’s website.”
Due to the coronavirus, the Somerset County Board of Elections office is currently not open to the public. However, staff can be reached by phone at 908-231-7084 on weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and until 8 p.m. on Election Day. The office is located on the first floor of the Somerset County Administration Building at 20 Grove St., Somerville. Free parking is available in the adjacent Bernie Field Parking Deck.
For more information, go to the Board of Elections website at http://www.co.somerset.nj.us/elections or contact us at 908-231-7084 or email@example.com.