Mayor & Council Blog

6/28/2017 - Peapack Gladstone Police Blotter - 6/19/17 - 6/25/17

Peapack & Gladstone Police Department
Significant Events
Monday June 19, 2017 to Sunday June 25, 2017

On Monday 6/19/17 at 1:19 PM Officers responded to the intersection of Mendham Road and Jackson Avenue for a tree down across utility wires. Upon the arrival of the Police they found a large tree had taken down the top of a utility pole along with electrical, phone and cable wires. The tree was completely across the roadway along with the various utility wires. A detour was set up by the Borough’s Department of Public Works (DPW) personnel. JCP&L, Verizon, and Comcast Cable crews responded to install a new pole and reconnect the wires. Police remained on scene until the tree was removed by JCP&L’s tree service company and the utilities were restored at 6:00 AM.

On Monday 6/19/17 at 3:16 PM Police responded to a report of a tree which had fallen on a vehicle and was blocking across the road at 15 Willow Ave. When the officers arrived they found a tree had fallen on top of a 2014 Volvo which was parked on the side of the road. No one was in the vehicle when the tree fell and damaged the car. The Borough’s DPW responded to remove the tree and the roadway was reopened a short time later.

On Monday 6/19/17 at 9:08 PM Police and the Peapack & Gladstone First Aid & Rescue Squad responded to the report of a 25 year old male who was unconscious in Gladstone. When Officer Dirk Sheasley arrived he found the male unconscious and not breathing. He immediately administered a dose or NARCAN and within minutes the patient regained consciousness and began breathing. The First Aid Squad arrived and began treatment and eventually transported the male to Somerset Medical Center with the assistance of paramedics from Robert Wood Johnson Somerset. Far Hills Police also assisted at the scene.

On Tuesday 6/20/17 at 3:00 PM the Police Department responded to a reported domestic disturbance at a residence in Gladstone. When the officers arrived they found an 84 year old male who was suffering from dementia and severe back pain. He had shown up at his former wife’s house who called for assistance. The PG First Aid Squad also responded and transported the male to the hospital for medical and psychological evaluation. Bedminster Township Police also responded to assist.

On Wednesday 6/21/17 at 11:02 PM the Police and Fire Department along with the First Aid Squad was dispatched to Hillcrest Ave in Gladstone for a fire pit which was burning and not attended too. Upon the arrival of the Police and Fire Department they found the residents had gone to bed and left the fire burning in the fire pit. The Fire Department extinguished the fire as a precaution to prevent it from spreading.

On Thursday 6/22/17 at 10:54 AM officers responded to a residence in Gladstone for a trespassing complaint. Upon their arrival Officers found the 28 year old male at the property against the wishes of the home owner. He had an outstanding $ 1,000.00 warrant from Neptune NJ and was arrested and transported to Police Headquarters for processing. At the request of Neptune Police and Municipal Court he was released on his own recognizance and advised of his court date.

On Friday 6/23/17 the Police and Fire Department were dispatched to Willow Ave for the report of a tree across electrical wires which were on fire. Upon their arrival a tree had fallen across utility wires causing the downed wires to arc, setting the roadway on fire. Willow Ave was closed to traffic and a detour set up by the Borough’s DPW. JCP&L responded to cut the power to the circuit to allow firefighters to extinguish the pavement fire. The Police remained on scene while Verizon replaced the broken utility pole. Both utility companies untangled the downed wires and restrung them. The roadway was reopened at 2:00 am the next morning.

On Friday 6/23/17 the Far Hills Police assisted the PG Police which accompanying a male to his residence in town while he retrieved some personal belongings. He was barred from the residence due to a domestic violence restraining order. The PG Police Officers were all tied up on the call for down wires.

On Friday 6/23/17 at 9:35 PM Officer Dirk Sheasley responded to a 4 car motor vehicle crash on US HWY RT 206 just south of Pottersville Road. Upon investigation it was determined that a 2008 Infiniti driven by an 80 year old female of Bridgewater, NJ was traveling south on RT 206 when she entered into the northbound lane. One vehicle traveling north on the highway served off the roadway and struck a metal sign post to avoid a head on collision. A third vehicle also driving north on the highway served onto the center line and stopped to avoid a head on collision.  The Infiniti driver sideswiped the third vehicle which caused her to stop. The Peapack & Gladstone Fire Department and First Aid Squad responded to assist with the crash. The 80 year old was checked out by the First Aid Squad for minor injuries and refused any further treatment or transport. No other drivers or passengers were injured. It was raining heavily at the time of the crash. To date no charges had been filed. The Bedminster and Far Hills Police Departments assisted with traffic control at the scene.

On Saturday 6/25/17 at 12:46 PM the Police responded to motorcycle crash on Mosle Road near St. John’s Drive.  A 48 year old male of West Orange was traveling East on Mosle Road around a curve when he fell onto his left side and skidded 103 feet into the woods. He was not injured.

On Saturday 6/25/17 at 5:18 PM the Police & Fire Department and First Aid Squad responded to the area of 44 Willow Ave for a motor vehicle crash where the car reported to be on fire. Upon arrival the driver a 26 year old male of Peapack was found out of the vehicle. The police investigation revealed the 26 year old was traveling east on Willow Ave when he passed another vehicle over double yellow lines. He then moved over to the left side of the roadway to allow the vehicle he just passed to go around him. The male lost control of his vehicle, skidded across Willow Ave and struck a tree. His 2001 Chevy Impala caught on fire which was extinguished by the Fire Department. He was checked out by the First Aid Squad and refused any further medical treatment. No charges have been filed to date.