PLEASE VIEW THE MAP AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TO CHECK IF YOUR PROPERTY WILL BE RECEIVING NEW TOTES DURING ROUND 1
Congratulations on receiving your two new 65 gallon recycling “totes”. They have wheels to easily move around and have lids that are permanently attached.
The equipment that will collect these totes will employ a state-of the-art truck that not only services customers quickly, but also addresses the safety and health concerns of employees. The new technology eliminates the need to physically lift and dump the totes, reducing many injuries, particularly to the back and shoulder areas.
These totes are supplied by Somerset County for the collection of RECYCLING ONLY. They will remain the property of Somerset County and if you move, you must leave the totes for the next owner. Please remember that the totes will be your responsibility to properly care for and store. Any loss or damages done to the totes by you will carry a fee. These totes cost approximately $35.00 each.
If during the course of normal wear and tear your totes become unusable, please call us to arrange for a repair or a swap out if necessary.
When you receive the totes:
1) Place the totes curbside the NIGHT BEFORE your scheduled pick up.
2) The totes must be placed no further than 3 feet from the edge of the street with the wheels facing your house and the front of the totes facing the street, with a two foot spacing between totes.
3) Totes must not be placed behind cars, mailboxes, telephone poles, garbage cans, or any obstruction that will make it difficult for the operator to pick them up.
4) These totes are to be used for RECYCLING ONLY.
5) Do not place trash, bulk debris, wood, grass, dirt, paint cans, hazardous chemicals, or any other materials that would not be considered recycling.
6) All separated recycling must be placed inside the totes. Each tote is labeled for the type of material that should be placed inside. All cardboard boxes are to be broken/cut down to fit into the recycling tote.
7) You may keep your 20 gallon recycling container, or contact us and we will pick up the old container.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 732-469-3363.
Somerset County Recycling Division
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE FOR A BETTER QUALITY MAP