The Borough of Peapack & Gladstone is managed by an Administrator appointed by the Mayor and Borough Council. In the case of Peapack & Gladstone and on account of the size of the Borough, this individual also serves as the Clerk of the Borough. The Administrator/Clerk of the Borough of Peapack & Gladstone is John Gregory. John is assisted by a Deputy Clerk, Donna Bassman.
The Borough Administrator is the Chief Administrative Officer of the Borough and serves under the direction of the Mayor and Borough Council.
Duties of the Borough Administrator include, but are not limited to:
- Development and implementation of administrative and personnel procedures
- Attendance at meetings of the Mayor and Borough Council
- Responsibility for the operation of all departments and offices within theBorough
- Recommendation and implementation of personnel policies of the Borough and its departments. The Borough Administrator serves as the personnel officer
- Responsibility for assuring that the Borough and each of its departments are in compliance with all applicable state and federal employment and work place laws
- Recommendation to the Chief Financial Officer regarding financial procedures and policies and assist with the preparation of the annual budget
- Review and supervision of the Borough’s insurance program
- Preparation and submission of grant applications
- Overall supervision of the Department of Administration
Duties of the Borough Clerk include, but are not limited to:
- Secretary to the Mayor and Council. Preparation of meeting agendas, attendance at all meetings of the governing body, retention of original copies of all ordinances and resolutions, and recording of the minutes of all meetings
- Secretary to the municipal corporation and custodian of the municipal seal and of all minutes, books, deeds, bonds, contracts and archival records of the municipal corporation.
- Chief administrative officer in all elections in the municipality.
- Chief registrar of voters in the municipality, subject to the requirements of Title 19 of the Revised Statutes.
- Administrative officer responsible for the acceptance of applications for licenses and permits and the issuance of licenses and permits
Administrator and Borough Clerk
Telephone - (908) 234-2250 x101
Telephone - (908) 234-2250 x100
Borough of Peapack & Gladstone
1 School Street, PO Box 218,
Peapack, NJ 07977
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Phone: (908) 234-2250